TODAY IS DEDICATED TO THE CELEBRATION OF MEN
AND SHOWING THEM OUR LOVE & APPRECIATION
AS WELL AS DRAWING ATTENTION TO THE CHALLENGES MEN FACE AROUND THE WORLD!
International Men’s Day is observed to create awareness of the stigma around the role of men, highlighting issues like men's mental health, toxic masculinity and male sexual abuse.
International Men's Day is celebrated on 19 November every year and was revived by a history professor from Trinidad & Tobago.
His name was Dr Jerome Teelucksingh and he chose the date 19 November to honour his father’s birthday.
He not only just promoted this day all over the world but also addressed the various issues faced by men and boys in the world.
The urge to celebrate or notice the International Men’s Day started in the year 1960 as an equivalent to International Women’s Day which is celebrated on 8 March.
Six Pillars Of International Men’s Day
- To focus on men’s and boys’ mental and physical health
- Enhancing Gender Relations
- Promoting Gender Equality and well being
- Focusing on discrimination against men
- Promoting positive men role models
- Helping in creating a safer and better world
WE LOVE AND APPRECIATE YOU!!